Bookmark this page to keep yourself informed about events related to the Year of Faith and the New Evangelization, both on a diocesan and on a parish level.
Untold Blessing: Three Paths to Holiness, multiple classes from February through April at St. Agnes Catholic Church in Arlington, VA
Spanish Apostolate Institute for Lay Formation (Instituto para Formacion Pastoral), including classes on evangelization and apologetics
- Catholic Women in this Year of Faith: Presentation sponsored by the Arlington Diocesan Council of Catholic Women at St. Leo the Great Catholic Church. Presentation to follow the 9 a.m. Mass
- Culture of Life Seminar: presented by the Knights of Columbus, with speakers from local and national pro-life organizations, Holy Cross Academy, 250 Stafford Lakes Pkwy., Fredericksburg, 9 a.m. to noon.
- Virtues vs Vices: the Challenges Facing Today's Teens: an outdoor retreat sponsored by the Legion of Mary Fairfax Comitum, with Fr. Mark Mullaney and Fr. Francis Peffley, Holy Trinity Jubilee Park, 4407 Aldie Rd., Catharpin, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact.
- "Friars and Friends: Revisiting Vatican II" with Fr. John W. Crossin at Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land. 7:15-8:30 p.m.
- Proclaiming the Kingdom: A Study of the Gospel of Matthew: With Deacon Sebastian Carnazzo, a lecture presented by the Institute of Catholic Culture, Holy Transfiguration Church, 8501 Lewinsville Rd., McLean, 7 to 9 p.m.
- Bible Study All Saints Church, 9300 Stonewall Rd., Manassas, 7:15 p.m. 703/368-4500
- Year of Faith Lecture Series: Pope Francis and the New Evangelization with Cardinal Donald Wuerl, Archbishop of Washington at 7pm at the Blessed John Paul II Shrine. Free admission and parking.
- The Church's Teaching on Same-Sex Marriage with Sr. Clare Hunter, F.S.E. at St James Catholic Church at 7:30 p.m. View Flyer.
- The Church's Teaching on Same-Sex Marriage with Sr. Clare Hunter, F.S.E. at St. Veronica Catholic Church at 7:30 p.m. View Flyer.